Annie was born and raised in Northwest Indiana with her younger sister and parents in Hammond. After spending some time out of the area chasing the radio dream she has moved back to start a family with her two main men: Jager the mutt and fiance Rob. When she is not on the air Annie enjoys cheering her favorite Chicago sports teams (Da Bears, Da Bulls, And Da Sox), hiking, and exploring new fairs and festivals! (Anything Deep Fried she's in!) Annie cannot wait to share her life with you on air and is excited to be back in the Region doing what she loves!
Wednesday, July 11,2012 |10:10 am
STUFF THE BUS COLLECTION
The Salvation Army bus will be collecting school supplies in Porter County this week. The school items requested include: pens, pencils, paper, rulers, book bags or backpack, binders, trapper keeper, notebook, folders, crayons, markers, colored pencils, protractor, and calculator. Cash or check donations will be accepted at The Salvation Army Porter County Corps Community Center, 799 Capitol Road. Call (219) 762-9191.
Drop off locations:
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today at Kmart, Ind. 49, Chesterton
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday at Walmart, U.S. 6, Portage
AMERICAN RED CROSS IN NEED OF BLOOD DONATIONS
Making an appointment to donate blood during Disaster Education and Awareness Month this July is one way to help prepare for the unexpected. Another is to talk to friends and family about the importance of giving blood. A third is to consider volunteering at or sponsoring an American Red Cross blood drive.
Area Red Cross blood drives:
• 2 to 7 p.m. today at the First Christian Church in the Fellowship Hall, 1507 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today at Opportunity Enterprises in the meeting room, 2801 Evans Ave., Valparaiso. Call (219) 464-9621, ext. 218, to schedule an appointment.
• 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in the foyer/SS Room, 505 Bullseye Lake Road, Valparaiso.
• 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday at City Hall, 166 Lincolnway, Valparaiso.
• 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Harbor SuperStores, 6100 U.S. 6, Portage. Call (219) 771-7760 to schedule an appointment.
• 8:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Walmart, 6087 U.S. 6, Portage
M'VILLE GIRL RAISING TONS OF MONEY!
When Hailey Perryman's Kool-Aid stand closes this week, the 11-year-old Merrillville girl hopes to have collected at least $6,500 for Riley Hospital for Children. If she reaches the goal, Hailey will have collected a total of $20,000 for the Indianapolis children's hospital since she started the annual fundraiser in 2008! Hailey's fundraiser began at noon Monday as she pulled her wagon through the Young America subdivision to collect change.
The Kool-Aid stand is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday at Merrillville Fire Station No. 2, 7905 Taft St. There is no set price for Kool-Aid. People are asked to provide a donation of their choice.